Asbestos Management/Hazardous Substances Audits
Asbestos management involves a staged process specifically designed for the problem that exists.
This usually involves the first step of a hazardous substance audit.
The audit involves inspecting the site, buildings, yard areas, roof spaces, under floor and air conditioning for presence of friable asbestos, asbestos insulations and asbestos containing materials.
The audit includes lead-based paints and PCB’s. A vigorous auditing protocol is followed.
A NATA approved laboratory independent of Benbow Environmental is used to analyse the samples.
A report that details locations, supported by photographs, includes risk assessments and recommends any improvements and how to carry these out is included.
An asbestos history that spans 30 years is available to our clients. Many difficult and unique projects have been successfully undertaken.
- Roadways surfaced with road bases containing fragments of chrysotile and tremolite;
- Quarrying basalt with seams of tremolite for a breakwater project;
- Decontaminating primary schools;
- Addressing teachers and parents; and
- Remediation of numerous sites.
Our services include preparation of health and safety plans, supervision and air monitoring, and certificates of clearance.